What if getting well required you to give up wanting to get well?
By Kim Knight www.artofhealth.co.nz
In my experience, one of the biggest blocks to getting well is trying to get better without learning the lesson the illness or health condition is trying to teach us. Symptoms are not random events, the body has not made a mistake in ANY of the symptoms it is sending. They all have a meaning, the question is, do you know how to interpret them?
So, If it’s true that:
- Symptoms are intelligent and useful communication from the body intelligence
- Symptoms contain a message from the body intelligence, and that message is requesting action
- A symptom is always preceded by an emotion
If you really want your body to stop sending you symptoms, instead of asking “When will I get well? ” or “Why aren’t I well yet?” you might like to ask yourself:
- What am I really feeling right now? What is the emotion masquerading behind the symptom?
- What unresolved ‘stuff’ do I have going on in my life? Who do I need to complete an issue with?
- What do I still need to learn about myself? What is this health condition trying to teach me?
- What lessons do I have to learn in life?
- What are these symptoms trying to teach me?
- What life-depleting habits do I need to change into more positive behaviours which serve me better in my life?
- How can I look after myself better?
- How can I demonstrate more self-love?
- How can I release attachment to wanting to be better and focus on the lesson instead?
Give it a go, what have you got to lose?
Health Coach and Healing Facilitator
Sessions by phone from anywhere in the world – distance is no object to healing
Ph + 64 9 833 6553